- December 28th, 2022
The milestones that marked Viña Concha y Toro’s 2022
During 2022, Viña Concha y Toro experienced many milestones, recognitions and achievements through its brands and subsidiaries. We invite you to discover them here.
In a particularly challenging year, Viña Concha y Toro -Family of New World Wineries- achieved important milestones that confirm its commitment to quality, innovation and sustainability. One of them was the declaration of its purpose: “We exist to transform every glass of wine and every encounter around the world into memorable experiences”.
We invite you to learn about the most important milestones at the brand, subsidiary and corporate levels in 2022 below.
- Fetzer Vineyards, our production subsidiary in California, adopted the operating name Bonterra Organic Estates to reaffirm its commitment to the environment.
- Concha y Toro was chosen by Wine & Spirits as one of the 100 best wineries of the year and Top 100 Premier Cru. This achievement allowed the subsidiary to be in second place in the “Top 100 Premier Cru” ranking, which highlights the wineries with the most appearances.
- Concha y Toro, Bonterra Organic Estates and Cono Sur were recognized by The Drink Business as winners in the Green Awards 2022, being highlighted as companies that have a strong impact on environmental care.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Wine Intelligence chooses Casillero del Diablo as the second most powerful wine brand in the world.
- B Lab, the global network that certifies and mobilizes B corps, named Bonterra Organic Estates as Best for the World in the environmental category.
- For the second consecutive year, Trivento was the best-selling Argentine wine in the world, according to a report by the consulting firm The IWSR, with an amount exceeding USD 270 million in e-commerce and retail sales.
- Viña Concha y Toro’s Center for Research and Innovation (CRI) celebrated its eighth anniversary by sharing its main success stories, highlighting its focus on adaptability to climate change.
- The English publication The Grocer chose Casillero del Diablo’s global campaign, The Wine Legend – Everything I Own, starring Pedro Pascal, as the best campaign of the year in the wine category.